Thursday, September 3, 2009

LIFE WITHOUT A DIGITAL CAMERA

A few months ago, hubby and I were planning to visit Banaue and Sagada to celebrate our wedding anniversary. My endless Googling about these places was a sign of my excitement of the planned trip. But a realization hit me and dampened my enthusiasm: we had no camera anymore, except for those which are better known by other names - cellphones, PDA, and webcams. We sold the oldest version of Sony Cybershot years ago because we think it is the digital camera with the smallest LCD screen, not to mention that it is the Cro-Magnon man of digital cameras.

I thought the trip to these scenic spots would seem a waste if we only rely on our phone cameras, innate retina, human memory cards and my inaccurate contact lenses. So instead, sans the need for a waterproof digital camera, we jammed the memories of our phones with awkward and at times blurry images of the Buhay na Karagatan, Ang Kalaliman, Pating, Stingrays, and a lot more Manila Ocean Park inhabitants.

That was when we decided we should get a decent camera when our financial books allow.

In my next posts, I will be relating to you how we decided on what digital camera to buy, which will include:

1. Research resources that served as our digital camera buying guide
2. Matching the digital camera features and benefits versus our needs
3. How we located the best place to buy digital cameras at cheaper, if not, the cheapest prices?
4. Deciding on how to learn photography
5. Getting to know the parts of our digital SLR Camera, and so much more...

So please visit shootandtelldslr.com next week to learn and explore digital SLR photography together with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment