Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Proper Way to Hold the dSLR Digital Camera

Well, this may sound idiotic to many photography pros but I will include the proper way of handling the dSLR camera in my photography notes. The dSLR camera is seriously much heavier and bulkier than the compact camera (obviously, with the latter's name - compact!), and I felt awkward and unsure the first time I handled my dSLR.

Referring to the digital camera manual, the following are pointers on how to properly hold the camera when taking pictures:

1. Wrap your right hand around the camera grip firmly.
2. Hold the lens bottom with your left hand.
3. Press the shutter button lightly with your right hand's index finger.
4. Press your hands and elbows lightly against the front of your body.
5. Press the camera against your face and look through the viewfinder.
6. To maintain a stable stance, place one foot in front of the other.

The way to handle the dSLR may sound numbered but when I got the feel of it, it just settles in my hands like a baby comfortably snuggling in my arms a couple of times already. The shutter button is conveniently located so that the right index finger can easily click it. Other buttons and dials are also deliberately positioned by camera manufacturers where they can be easily accessed for operation.

A second series of my Photo Ooops! follows. Please feel free to comment and critique.

Green is definitely in

Garbage is out...outside many homes in Metro Manila


A couple of couples

No comments:

Post a Comment